PSI's Perinatal Mood Disorders: Components of Care
This two-day course, taught by expert and engaging faculty, uses a thorough, evidence-based curriculum designed for psychiatrists, nurses, physicians, social workers, mental health providers, childbirth professionals, social support providers, and anyone interested in building skills for assessment and treatment of perinatal mood disorders.
Faculty: Birdie Gunyon Meyer, RN, MA, PMH-C; Pec Indman, EdD, MFT, PMH-C; TBA, MD
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Identify the challenges faced when identifying and treating Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders.
2. Describe the symptoms and understand the differential diagnosis of prenatal and postpartum depression, anxiety, panic disorder, OCD, PTSD, bipolar disorders and psychosis.
3. Discuss psychopharmacology as it relates to pregnancy, postpartum, and lactation.
4. Assess prenatal and postpartum risk factors.
5. Assess for Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders.
6. Identify treatment options for PMADs.
7. Discuss breastfeeding and PMADs.
8. Develop psychosocial and self-help treatment plans as well as appropriate psychotherapy techniques and alternative therapies
9. State appropriate psychotherapy modalities.
10. Indicate consequences of untreated Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders.
11. Discuss effects and consequences on partners.
12. Identify social support, legislative changes, and community resources, including how to set up support groups and offer social support.
13. Discuss cultural differences and PMADs.
14. Discuss spirituality and PMADs.
Full Registration Fee................................................ $375.00
PSI Member Registration Fee.................................... $325.00
PSI Volunteer or Student Registration Fee................. $275.00
If you need a discount code for one of the discounted rates listed above, please contact Orrin Banta at firstname.lastname@example.org or (530) 872-3896 extension 4.
Your registration includes a light breakfast and lunch, training manual, handouts, and certification of continuing education credits.
Registration Deadline: October 16, 2019.
Cancellation Policy: If you cancel before October 17, 2019, you will get a full refund minus a $50.00 processing fee. If you cancel October 17, 2019 or later, you will be refunded 50% of your registration fee minus a $50.00 processing fee. Fees can be transferred to future events, and substitutions are accepted.