Training Academy: Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
MBSR is an 8-week, evidence-based training in which you learn and practice mindfulness, and begin to integrate it into your life as a way to improve your health & wellbeing, as well as reduce the symptoms of stress, anxiety, and depression, or anything else that may cause you suffering.
MBSR can help you:
- Approach your life with more composure, energy, understanding and enthusiasm
- Develop the ability to cope more effectively with both short-term and long-term stressful situations, gaining insight into response rather than reaction
- Enhance your ability to manage and reduce pain levels
- Improve your focus, resilience, and capacity to recover more quickly from challenging events
- Learn how to access and cultivate a natural capacity to actively engage in caring for yourself and find greater balance, ease, and peace of mind
What is Mindfulness?
One definition offered is “The awareness that arises from paying attention, on purpose, in the present moment and non-judgmentally.”
What is the MBSR 8-Week Live Online Program?
The online version of the MBSR program allows it to be offered beyond the normal limits of distance and time. The entire course is delivered live through online video conferencing, and rather than meeting in-person, you will engage with the teacher and interact with other participants through your computer screen and web camera during weekly class sessions. Home assignments and guided meditation audio files are all available online. The online platform brings everyone together within the virtual classroom from different time zones, and with diverse life experiences and perspectives from around the world.
Throughout the program you will be consciously and systematically working with the challenges and demands of your everyday life. Our trained and certified instructors will create a safe and supportive environment for this work and learning through:
- Live class sessions using simple online meeting technology (Zoom) that is rich in experience and connection,
- Systematic instruction in formal and informal mindful meditation, practices, including guided instruction and recordings to practice with at home,
- Gentle stretching and mindful movement,
- Group dialogue, with discussions offered to enhance awareness in everyday life,
- The opportunity for one-on-one check-ins with instructors throughout the course, and
- Online resource materials, dedicated technical support, and opportunities for feedback.
Class sizes are limited to facilitate group connection and conversation. A computer and high-speed internet connection are required. Mobile devices such as phones and tablets are not recommended.
What is the course structure and commitment?
The Live Online MBSR program consists of:
- 1-hour Orientation
- Eight weekly classes, 2 ½ hrs each (20 hours total)
- One All-Day class on a weekend (6 hours)
- Daily home practice assignments for 45-60 minutes each day
- You must be willing to make a strong commitment to attend all classes and to practice daily home assignments for eight weeks. If you are unable to attend your regularly scheduled class, please contact us.
- In order to receive a Certificate of Completion for the course, you may not miss more than two classes, and you must attend the All-Day session. If you have a conflict with any of the sessions ahead of time, please contact us.
Instructor: Adriana Moreno-Zarate, MA, ERYT 500, Qualified Teacher of MBSR by University of Massachusetts Medical Center
Location: live via Zoom
To ensure the best possible experience for all participants, the program relies on online video conferencing, which has minimum requirements to work properly. You will need a desktop or laptop computer with speakers, microphone, and webcam, and a high-speed internet connection. Laptops work best because they come with all the necessary equipment and can easily be moved from room to room in your home or office to find a quiet place.
- Review the system requirements for the Zoom online meeting platform
- Try out a test meeting
- Test your audio and video in the meeting
- Watch a video tutorial about using Zoom
REVISED: Full Schedule
Orientation Feb. 26th 8:30-9:30 AM
March 12th Class 1 8:30-11:00 AM
March 19th Class 2 8:30-11:00 AM
March 26th Class 3 8:30-11:00 AM
Class 4 to be mutually decided (April 2nd or an alternate day that week)
April 9th Class 5 8:30-11:00 AM
April 16th Class 6 8:30-11:00 AM
Sunday April 18th All-Day Retreat 9:30 AM-3:30 PM
April 23rd Class 7 8:30-11:00 AM
April 30th Class 8 8:30-11:00 AM
Members Rate $450 per person
Non-Members Rate $550 per person
Group Rate (5+) $425 per person - Minimum of 5 tickets MUST be purchased (minimum purchase = $2125)
Agency Member Group Rate (5+) $400 per person, Minimum of 5 tickets MUST be purchased (minimum purchase = $2000)
Once this training is full, email us to be placed on the waitlist.
Certificate: Upon completion of the training program, a certificate of attendance will be provided. A certificate will be provided reflecting the hours which the participant attended.
CEUs: Continuing education credits will not be offered for this training.
View our Training Academy Policy on payment, cancellation and more.